Monday, May 14, 2007

Motivation to Write

Motivation to write. If you need "motivation" you probably should not be writing at all. Let me point this out: You don't write because you think that you will be contributing anything of value to the world of literature. Anybody pompous enough to start out with that as their as their inspiration is both a fool and delusional. They also will not write anything good. You don't write to connect with your reader or to entertain or any bullshit like that. You write because it is the best way for you of jacking-off. Self-stimulation, self-satisfaction. You write because you get something from it. That is the only way to write anything worthwhile. Having the talent for writing may actually make your stuff readable for other people. If you start writing for other people, or trying to write well, you are doomed to a future of earnest struggling with words and, of course, complete obscurity. For me to write this blog well, I have to satisfy me, my aesthetic, not yours. Why? Because I don't fucking know you, that's why. I don't know you so who gives a fuck what you like to read? Not me. I happen to like this post, and that's all that matters.

Technorati Tags: , , , , , ,

No comments: